[ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Nov 8 21:54:24 EST 2002

Robert Heaven wrote:
> Now "that" sounds like a real load of bull... If I pay X-dollars per
> month for Y-bandwidth, it shouldn't matter how I use it.

Go figure, you're dealing with the new monopoly in town.  When I was
shopping around for a new provider, I noted to BellSouth that I needed
static IP for work.  Was told they do that only for businesses, and on a
business line.  So to get static ip from BS, you have to pay the jacked
up price for changing your phone to a business line, inspite of the fact
you get absolutely no difference in service.  Further, they virtually
double the price of dsl for the static ip.  And it's still pppoe.

Talk about double dipping...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net