[ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL

Matty matty91 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 8 20:40:06 EST 2002

What web caching are you referring to? The last I heard, there
where open pipes to the world from each aggregation point.

- Ryan

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 20:16, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> You heard wrong.
>
> I do have a static IP address, but I run a web server and mail server
> from an Earthlink DSL line.
>
> I have a client who has a dynamic IP Earthlink DSL (basic home package)
> and they can access their squirellmail with no problems (dyndns) from
> anywhere in the world (until the DSL "modem" died from lightning.
> Earthlink is sending a replacement at no charge).
>
> Bellsouth uses aggressive html caching which causes immense problems for
> remote web application development.
>
> On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 19:24, John Wells wrote:
> > >From what I hear, Earthlink blocks some ports, specifically port 80 and
> > port 25 (sendmail).  That, in my opinion, sucks.
> >
> > John
> >
> > Robert Heaven said:
> > > This is the reason I went with Earthlink/Mindspring because they seem to
> > > be able to get BellSouth to get off their back-sides and get things
> > > done. And, I don't have to worry about the PC Police raiding my house
> > > looking for a non-Windows box on the network.

> > > ---
> > > This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. See
> > > http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems should be
> > >  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
> >

> > ---
> > sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
> --
> James P. Kinney III   \Changing the mobile computing world/
> President and CEO      \          one Linux user         /
> Local Net Solutions,LLC \           at a time.          /

> <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

Ryan Matteson - UNIX Administrator
GPG ID: 7F89FE25 Ryan Matteson (Matty-GPG-2002) <matty91 at bellsouth.net>
Digitally Signed Public Key: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public.txt
Fingerprint = 71D1 BA91 0F75 E79B BEFA  EC23 A02E D4C9 7F89 FE25

 This is a digitally signed message part