[ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL

Robert E. Karaffa, II rkaraff at emory.edu
Fri Nov 8 15:40:10 EST 2002

(slaps forehead) Oy, Vay!
-Bob K.

-

on 11/8/02 3:08 PM, Dennany, Jerome {D177~Roswell} at JEROME.DENNANY at ROCHE.COM wrote:

        I used to work for a large (un-named) ISP in tech support.  It's just as likely that the tech "made up" the authentication issue so he wouldn't have to deal with a "Macintosh Call".  The objective is to get the customer off the line as quickly as possible.  Tech support agents are actually ranked by how quickly they can resolve each call.  I've actually seen techs get fired for spending too much time actually fixing the problem instead of 'dumping' the call.

Jerry