[ale] OT: BellSouth FastAccess DSL

Klepinger, Aaron Aaron.Klepinger at CompuCredit.com
Fri Nov 8 11:51:29 EST 2002

I use the Linksys BEFSR41.  In my experience, occasionally slow, insecure
and prone to locking up.  I have abandoned the Gateway Mode of mine and just
use it as a switch in Routing Mode with a linux router/firewall NAT'ing my
connection.  I find my Linux connection noticeably faster and more secure.

If you go with Linksys, I'd recommend looking at one of the the firewall
models, i.e. BEFSX41.  The BEFSR41 has been out in some "version" for
several years (I got mine when it first came out, so version 2 might be
better than mine), so I'm not sure if it's the greatest router out there
right now.  The SMC and Siemens routers look interesting to me.  Check out
http://www.firewallguide.com/hardware.htm for reviews of hardware.

For prices:
www.pricegrabber.com
http://shopper.cnet.com