[ale] Rackmount for sale

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Nov 6 14:03:44 EST 2002

Since a number of people just asked me details on the Rackmount I have
for sale, I'm selling it at my cost.  It is in new condition, never used
other than my burn-in.  It is a solidly built system.  The only reason
why I have not used it is that all of the Rackmounts that my clients have
wanted either have needed 6 or more NICs or two PCI slots because one was
for a T1 card...

> How much $?

$600+sales tax unless shipped out-of-state (not including said 4-port NIC
but I'll throw in a used 1-port NIC n/c).
Another $120 will get a 4-port 10/100 NIC supported under Linux.  It has
a 20 GB disk and either 64 or 128M mem (I forget which), and CD-ROM.
All Linux-ready with Slackware Linux installed (though any version will
run fine on it).  I'll throw in a set of Rescue Boot/Root Floppies
for it.  The processor is an Athalon of about 833 MHz.  FOB Duluth.

Best regards,

Bob Toxen, President
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Your expert in Firewalls, Virus and Spam Filters, VPNs,
Network Monitoring, and Network Security"
bob at verysecurelinux.com (e-mail)
+1 770-662-8321  (Office)

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, October 24, 2002, 848 pages, ISBN: 0130464562

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
Prentice Hall, November 2000, 700 pages

http://www.verysecurelinux.com       [Linux/Unix & Network Security Consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My 5* book: "Real World Linux Security"]
http://www.verysecurelinux.com/sunset.html                    [Sunset Computer]
Quality Linux, UNIX and network security and software consulting since 1990.