[ale] Redhat patch and DMCA

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Nov 6 14:01:30 EST 2002

Michael,

Fight the power.  Read the notes.  If someone ever decided to bring
charges against a person for reading those Red Hat notes, it'd be the
biggest strike against the DMCA yet, and very convincing grounds for
challenging its foundations in a court of law.  Noone will pursue you,
because it would force them to acknowledge how silly/sad the DMCA is.  I
think this was exactly Red Hat's point.

<rage against the machine background music> F the Establishment </rage
against the machine background music> ;-p

John