[ale] Redhat patch and DMCA

msmith at mikeandmel.com msmith at mikeandmel.com
Wed Nov 6 13:52:14 EST 2002

I was reading through a Infoworld article and they get
into a kernel patch that redhat released for some
security issue.....but you can't read the release notes
because it may be a breach of the DMCA.  So what does
one do?  Just patch w/o reading the notes?  Couldn't
the descriptiveness of the notes be vague enough to
give those wanting to patch their kernels some
information.  Here's the site I went to to see the
notes but I decided I didn't want to go to jail for 5
years and pay a fine of $500,000.

http://www.thefreeworld.net/non-US/

Michael Smith
AIM: MikAtlanta