[ale] enabling esc-completion with readline

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Wed Nov 6 09:03:47 EST 2002

Trying to get the behavior from bash that I'm used to from ksh.  I have
set my .inputrc to include:
set editing-mode vi

This works fine, as I can ESC and cycle through my history with the j and
k keys.  However, the old ESC completion syntax doesn't work.  The
bash/readline default TAB completion works, but I'd like to have ESC or
both.

Anyone know how to get this working?  In pdksh, the syntax was

set -o vi-esccomplete

and I could enable tab completion at the same time by adding additionally:

set -o vi-tabcomplete

Thanks,

John