[ale] [Fwd: Re: Vote Today - Message from Marie

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Tue Nov 5 12:28:37 EST 2002

(reply ... reply to all ... one of those buttons ... bah)

> People are
> used to having a set of options, selecting one, changing their mind and
selecting another.  As others' noted, think radio button.  That solution
>  is certainly more prevelant then any 'push me again, if you made a
> mistake.'

Actually, the 'go back to the mistake' is how everything with a pencil
works.  You fill in the wrong bubble, you have to go back to the wrong
bubble and do something before you can choose a new bubble.  Well, if you
want it to be meaningful anyway.

OTOH, I moved at the beginning of hte summer, and this county in MD uses
pens :o

Candidate A      <-  --

Candidate B      <-  --

Fill in the missing -- in the middle of the arrow (with the pen provided)
to cast your vote :o  and the sheet was longer than legal paper and you
had these small little areas with cardboard fold-arounds to sit at while
you pen'd :o  I think the big machine at the end was scanning them in, but
my wife says she thinks it was just counting and tracking which #s were
turned in.

Still, I kinda miss the punchcard gig :o

--attriel