[ale] [Fwd: Re: Vote Today - Message from Marie

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue Nov 5 12:10:39 EST 2002

[...]

    esoteric> I admit, I scanned the directions, but I did not see
    esoteric> anything about 'deselect.'  I'm sure it was intentional,
    esoteric> but it's stupid.  People are used to having a set of

        There was an explanation that if you wanted to change you had
to poke the wrong X first to deselect it before making the change (I
beleive it was in item 3. on the little card I got).  Not that I'm
arguing that it's not somewhat counter-intuitive, but at least it was
documented.

        Biggest annoyance I had was that on the review page you had to
use the arrows on the end of the scrollbar rather than just dragging
the knobby up and down (well that and the number of unopposed
incumbents, but that's more a meta problem than a gripe about the
voting machines :).

770 294-0820 (m)      |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=