[ale] Problems with Mindspring/Earthlink mail servers & Sourceforge?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 5 07:21:20 EST 2002

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems sending E-mail to any
of the various sourceforge developer mailing lists from a Mindspring
or Earthlink address? Whenever I do so I get the E-mail bounced back
with the following message:

> Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
> The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
> each recipient was rejected.
>
>     Recipient: <oscar-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
>     Reason:    Response from mx08.mindspring.com [207.69.200.30] was "554 Quota violation for
> postmaster at mindspring.com" when checking for existence of a postmaster mailbox. RFC822 section 6.3
> (which you have to abide by if you send and receive Email) states that you are required to have a
> postmaster mailbox that is routed to the person responsible for mail (http://www.rfc822.com/).  We
> need to be able to contact you at the postmaster address to resolve potential problems if need be
> before we can accept your mail. Please create a postmaster account at your site
> cannot route to sender address <linux-clusters at mindspring.com>

I have contacted MindSpring/EarthLink tech support about this but all
I'm getting is a run around and various made-up excuses (each one
different depending on time of day/phase of moon). As a result I'm
not able to carry on the normal development projects I am involved with.
Steven A. DuChene     linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com