[ale] a stupid question?

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Nov 5 00:40:44 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 23:03, Stephen Turner wrote:
> hey anyone know of a good multi head vid card capable of supporting b&w
> lcds? the more heads it has the better :-p and pci is nice thanks for any
> advice :)

All of the Matrox dual-head cards work fine under linux with color LCD
panels. I've never seen a Black and White LCD panel that was
commercially available so I can't really speak for them but I assume
that if they handle standard 15-pin VGA cables then they will work.

You can also do multi-head with multiple cards using Nvidia card. I have
a working setup in one of the offices that I frequent.

hope this helps

Vernard Martin <vernard at cc.gatech.edu>
Georgia Institute of Technology - College of Computing - Systems Group