[ale] local mail hosed, /var/spool/mqueue filling up

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 3 02:19:22 EST 2002

Hey folks,

I'm seeing some weird behavior, posibly a sendmail problem,
but I'm not sure.

Every night, a cron job backs up my /home filesystem. The
output of that job is mailed to root, but the mail never
reaches root - instead it sits in /var/spool/mqueue forever.
If I su root and type "mail", I get "No mail for root.",
even though I can see the message files sitting there.
Eventually my root partition fills up :-( unless I
manually delete stuff from mqueue, which just seems
wrong.

If I manually try to "mail root", I can type the message,
but when I finish with the ".\n", I get:

send-mail: undefined symbol db_create

So I guess this is a library problem, but Google has not
been my friend thus far. If anyone has a ready answer for
this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

-- Joe