[ale] Microsoft wins again

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Nov 2 08:34:29 EST 2002

Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 07:56:36PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
>
>>I suppose everyone's heard, Microsoft has gotten off free with the
>>latest judgement being accepted.
>

> 	I wouldn't QUITE say free.  Pretty damn EASY, yes.  Free, no.
> Damn expensive, quite frankly.  Future history will tell the tale
> of how easy, but free is definitely not an applicable word in any
> context.  ;-/=/

Free as in, the cost of the trial to Microsoft does not compare to the
amount of money they have made because of their monopoly.  Basically,
telling Microsoft that it's okay to use your monopoly to destroy other
companies and extend your existing market.

So, it was no cost to Microsoft.  They paid a small price in the trial
in comparison to the gains.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net