[ale] uw imapd - deleted messages return

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Sat Nov 2 01:08:43 EST 2002

David,

   The user might have experienced some data corruption in their mailbox.  Try recreating it.  You might be able to run grepmail across it and replace the original with the file created by grepmail.

John Wells wrote:
> David,
>
> I don't know much about uw's imapd, although most of what I've heard is
> that it's replete with bugs.  Is it possible to test run another server?
> I use Courier imap and have had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

UW-IMAP "was" replete with (mostly security) bugs, but that has not been an an issue for several years.  I've been running it for about 3 years now without problem, and store tens of thousands of messages on it.

http://www.washington.edu/imap/
http://www.washington.edu/imap/IMAP-FAQs/index.html#5.2
http://www.imap.org/

--