[ale] SuSE Linux edition to run Windows programs

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 1 17:43:00 EST 2002

On Friday 01 November 2002 10:47 am, Dana Powers wrote:
> What is OFX functionality? I am new to the whole 'balance your checkbook'
> thing, but CBB (http://cbb.sourceforge.net/) has worked very well for me.
> Its simple, so Im going to guess it doesnt do all the fancy things that
> Quicken does, but I've never used Quicken.

On the grand scale, OFX is an open standard message set for exchanging
financial  data of all kinds. But for programs like Quicken, the most
immediate benefit it brings is an automatic load of new transactions, as
opposed to remembering the last time you downloaded a qif file and setting
the date accordingly.