[ale] Lindows at Tiger Direct

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Nov 1 10:39:20 EST 2002

On Thursday 31 October 2002 07:59 pm, jenn at colormaria.com wrote:
> Inside front cover of the Tiger Direct catalog today announces
> "Lindows is Here!", but the best part is what this traditionally MS
> only reseller has to say:
>
> "Family licensing allows you to use on multiple computers vs. old way
> of one license per machine

What I liked about the ad was that not only was linux showing up in such
a context, but they were doing price/product comparisons to another
such product.  They explicitly compared their Lindows offering to a
similar one from Walmart.

Also amusing was that they point out that they offer windows drivers for
the hardware.  Not that they are suggesting that you might want to wipe
the HD and install a copy of Windows that you might already own, or
anything....

Michael