[ale] NTFS support for Linux

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Thu May 30 11:00:22 EDT 2002

	that's the answer RedHat gives?  The kernel compiling menus only
labeled r/w NTFS as 'experimental'.

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Chris Ricker wrote:

#On Thu, 30 May 2002, Jerry Z. Yu wrote:
#
#> 	I'd complain to RedHat so that they can put back the r/o support
#> for NTFS.  I can't see why they'd not since their distribution has a quite
#> bloated kernel module list anyway (it has fat/vfat). It is great that one
#> can do it on one's own. But, it'd greater that someone else can do it for
#> you, do it once for millions of you.
#
#Red Hat can't enable it because it causes data corruption even r/o under
#some circumstances.  That's the same reason RH doesn't support Reiser or
#JFS yet either....
#
#later,
#chris
#
#
#---
#This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
#sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
#

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-487-8544 (O)
systems engineer				z.yu at voicecom.com