[ale] ingres question

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Tue May 28 08:30:58 EDT 2002

Ned,

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 12:16, Ned Williams wrote:

> Anyone know if there is an ingress client linux? preferably gnu? cant find
> anything in the SDK I d/l'd off the net.. something sqlplus-ish?

	Once, a while ago, I had a CD of the CA-INGRES II install CD.  I never
did anything with it, as I didn't have need of a full-blown DB at the
time (nor up to now).  I used to be an "Ingres Consultant", but quickly
tired of the travel aspect.  As I remember, given an INGRES client
running on machine A, and an INGRES server on machine B, along with the
appropriate (INGRES) network daemons running, just setting an
environment varible is all you needed (ING_HOST? Sorry, it's been a few
years).

	Feel free to contact me privatly if you wish.

Danny