[ale] Monitor Advice

Greg runman at telocity.com
Fri May 24 09:05:42 EDT 2002

	My KDS 21" monitor (the fourth one in 2 months.  At one time I had 3
monitor boxes filled with dead monitors littering the hallway in my house.)
just died and I am looking for advice on flat screens from the ALE list.
Does anyone use a flat screen that can easily be used by several systems ?
I intend to use the monitor with OpenBSD (Intel box), a Solaris SunBlade
running Solaris 8.0, Windows, and Linux (on an Intel box).  I have heard
that many flat screen LCD's work well with Windows, but not with Linux ...
is this true ? ....  comments ?  I would prefer to keep the price somewhat
reasonable - under a grand to be precise and it needs to be large somewhere
around 21" if possible.

	For the $45 shipping fee I can get a refurb under warranty, but I did this
2 months ago, and the warranty will wear out soon, so this option is quickly
becoming a non-option.  Time to buy something that will last longer than 2
yrs and die out.

	TIA,

	Greg