[ale] Gentoo?

Randy Janinda rjaninda at tqlabs.com
Thu May 23 14:56:59 EDT 2002

I installed 1.0rc_14 on my laptop and have never looked back. There are
only a few downsides: 1) If you want X and a window manager and your GUI
goodies, it will take A LONG WHILE to build 2) nope, that's pretty much
the only downside I found.

As for usability, I run XDM, X, Blackbox + a few tools, Evolution,
Everybuddy, xmms, Ogle, Mozilla, PCMCIA and wireless tools. That should
give you some idea of the functionality of the various medias. This
laptop has replaced my desktop and I have no problems with it.

I say go for it, but be prepared to learn more about Linux and A LOT of
patience.

Randy Janinda