[ale] Gentoo?

Brian B. brianb_ale at yahoo.com
Thu May 23 14:45:37 EDT 2002

I had it running in my laptop. It's a pain in the ***
to install but I think it's worth it. If you're
familiar with *bsd's ports and package installation,
you would love it (ie. doing 'emerge foo' would
download the 'foo' source, configure, compile and
install it for you). I also like its minimalist
installation. I'm not sure how big my installtion was
but I think it was < 300M.

If you have lots of patience and a day to wait for it
to compile. Give it a try. Keep in mind that it's
still pretty new so some stuff may not work well.
Also, let me know if you're installing it in a laptop.
The pcmcia problem took me some time to figure it out.

-brian