[ale] Cups strikes again.

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu May 23 13:43:02 EDT 2002

I have my nice clean cups system installed.  Printing the test page from
the web interface works great.

"lpr /etc/fstab" blows out, unknown printer if I set it to the name
defined in the web interface.  If I unset it:

{1}:vampire:/home/rharris/CrossOver>unset PRINTER
{0}:vampire:/home/rharris/CrossOver>lpq
no entries
{0}:vampire:/home/rharris/CrossOver>lpr /etc/printcap
lpr: connect: No such file or directory
jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.
{0}:vampire:/home/rharris/CrossOver>

How the heck do I use lpr to print to my printer?  I'd like to enable
this so I can use things like konqueror under kde to print.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: