[ale] Pentagon and Microsoft

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu May 23 09:57:44 EDT 2002

On 23 May 2002, Charles Shapiro wrote:

> This is a Washington Post article on Microsoft's wrangles w/ the
> Pentagon re that evil cancerous commie 'free' software thing.
> Interesting to watch the brouhaha on this. I reckon M$ wants more USS
> Yorktowns...

Ummm...uhhh...yeah right. Let's get rid of this horrible open source
stuff.

A senior Microsoft Corp. executive told a federal court last week that
sharing information with competitors could damage national security and
even threaten the U.S. war effort in Afghanistan. He later acknowledged
that some Microsoft code was so flawed it could not be safely disclosed.

The closed source method is obviously better...as long as it remains
closed, that is. Thanks to Microsoft, I am now blind in both eyes. They
have rolled back into my head so many time this week that they are
apparently stuck there now.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security