[ale] wine+IE5?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Wed May 22 16:30:33 EDT 2002

I'm tyring to get IE5.5 to run under wine.  Apparantly we need this to
install outlook.  (Yeah, need it for work, don't bother for now).  At
any rate it blows out unable to install.   No error message other than:

err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\windows\system\w95inf16.dll failed (error 193), check this file.
err:module:MODULE_LoadLibraryExA Loading of native DLL C:\windows\system\w95inf16.dll failed (error 193), check this file.

The file exists:

-rw-r--r--    1 rharris  staff        2272 May 22 14:20 w95inf16.dll

I'm currently looking for an older version of IE I can install and then
upgrade.

Any thoughts or theories?  This is a part time, side project so I can't
spend alot of reasearch time on it, but it'd be very nice to get this
windows machine off my desk that is used soley for Outlook, Word and
Visio.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: