[ale] IT moving offshore

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at voicecom.com
Tue May 21 10:50:37 EDT 2002

A diversity at work will serve the busines better only if the audience
shares the characteristics of this very diversity. For example, if you are
trying to localize your software for regions cross the globe, it definitely helps
to have folks from that region on your team. This is basicly the opposite
side of the same story:  know the real-world well before you can
virtualize them in the computer land.

In this public school example, basic familarity with the public
school system should be essential/minimum requirement for the job, thus the HR/hiring
manager/project manger failed to hold the bar and do their job properly,
unless this happened in the booming years of late '90s.

You have to have excellent data modeling ( language mapping down to the
API of each entity/class/function), before one can treat 'programming' as
commodity to utilize programmers like R2-D2 (a robot works well with the
language and knows nothing else).  The knowledges of the public school
system thus can be encapulated into the system design/spec during the
data modeling phases...

<disclaimer>
an alien worker
</disclaimer>