[ale] PCL output viewing?

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon May 20 16:20:20 EDT 2002

Related to the printer margin offset issue I asked about over a week ago,
I've been trying to see just what all's involved between the
"lpr somefile" and what happens on my printer. Though the waters are still
a bit murky, it appears that my printer speaks PCL 3, and I believe that
part (if not all) of the problem lies in the PostScript-to-PCL translation.
In order to prove my theory, I'd like to see just what my printer queue is
putting out in the way of PCL without wasting ink.

So ... is there something out there that can read and display PCL output to
the screen?