[ale] Broadband

Transam transam at cavu.com
Mon May 20 12:46:26 EDT 2002

> I don't believe there is such a thing as DSL without the land line. But
> Earthlink offers a sateellite Internet setup that doesn't require a phone
> line or a cable connection. Woud that be an option? See this link:

> https://register.earthlink.net/cgi-bin/wsisa.dll/broadband/satellite/satellite.html

They seem to be pretty determined only to support Winbloz, not even MACs, and
that a USB port is required.  Unless someone here has experience, my bet is
that it will not work with Linux as opposed to "it will work just fine
with Linux but we're too arrogant to support it".

Bob Toxen
transam at cavu.com                       [Bob's ALE Bulk email]
bob at verysecurelinux.com                [Please use for email to me]
http://www.verysecurelinux.com         [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com/ [My 5* book:"Real World Linux Security"]
http://www.cavu.com/sunset.html        [Sunset Computer]
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.      "Don't go with a fly-by-night outfit!"