[ale] Contracting Rates and the Programmer's Cut

Greg runman at telocity.com
Mon May 20 09:15:10 EDT 2002

	I have recently been talking to some contractor's about a job that they
want to recommend me for with one of their client's and was wandering what
percentage of the rate does the programmer usually get.  I mean, if the
contractor is charging the client $100 / hr ; what is customarily paid to
the programmer ?  33% ??  40% ??

	I know that the pimps have to pay for their expensive business addresses,
lunches, salaries, etc from what they charge to the clients, but what cut
usually goes to the programmers that actually do the work ?

	Any feedback would be helpful.

	Thanks,

	Greg