[ale] USB/CF Reader and Linux

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Sun May 19 16:08:42 EDT 2002

Hello all.

I made a stop today at a K-Mart that is going out of business, just
looking around to see what goodies I might be able to pick up. I found a
nice little Memorex USB Compact Flash reader for $15.00. I couldn't let it
sit there, you see, so it came home with me. I don't know what the regular
price is, but $15 is a good enough price for me.

Anyway, I really don't have any idea how to get it working in Linux.
Obviously USB needs to be working, but once that's up and running, how
would I mount the CF card? How do I tell the system "Hey, there's a CF
reader on the USB port. Recognize it, and mount on /mnt/cf."

Anyone have any resources on the web for this kind of thing?

Thanks.

--
Christopher R. Curzio
http://www.accipiter.org