[ale] for you squirrelmail users out there...

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu May 16 22:40:08 EDT 2002

I'm running squirrelmail on the following machine:

200 Mhz Pentium
128 Mb RAM
Apache 1.3.24
PHP 4.2.0
Mysql 3.23.49a
SquirrelMail 1.2.5
Courier-Imap 1.4.4
Gentoo Linux

I've been very happy with performance until recently. My Inbox has grown to
approx. 295 messages, and now SquirrelMail takes quite awhile (I can count
outloud slowly to 30) to load or refresh the Inbox.

Is this performance I should expect due to the size of the inbox, or is it
indication of something awry?  The thing that makes me wonder is that it
really didn't seem to have too much of a performance hit until this past
week. Before that, it would probably load in a 15 count.

Thanks,

John