[ale] Definitions and BackBone Maps

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Wed May 15 11:53:43 EDT 2002

hey all,

I was hoping that someone could point me to the right place on these
items. I'm looking for a list of definitions for communication mediums,
e.g. - a T-1 is blah, blah, blah... , an OC-3 is blah, blah, blah... I
would be good if it was more on the non-technical side. I am going to be
passing this along to one of my supervisors.

Also, I would like to get my hands on a graphically appeasing map of some
of the major backbone providers, such as UUNET, Qwest, AT&T, and Sprint.
I'm sure USA would be easy but I would like to get one for the state of
Georgia only if possible.

I have look around for the both of these but I wasn't able to find exactly
what I wanted.

Thanks for your help

=====
Kevin Stoll