[ale] Compiling Galeon

Arafat Mohamed amohamed at mail.totalemed.com
Fri May 10 17:01:04 EDT 2002

I'm trying to build Galeon from source and am now at the end of my wits.
./configure keeps complaining that mozilla not found. I won't bore you with
everything I tried but here's where I'm at right now

I built mozilla rc1 from source. I'm using this right now

In ld.so.conf I added /opt/gnome/lib/mozilla then did ldconfig

# export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/opt/gnome/bin/mozilla
# export MOZILLA_HOME=/opt/gnome/bin/mozilla

#
./configure --with-mozilla-includes=/opt/gnome/include/mozilla --with-mozill
a-libs=/opt/gnome/lib/mozilla --with-mozilla-home=/opt/gnome/bin/mozilla

Here's the tail of the error:

Error on option --get-default-source: unknown option.
Run 'gconftool-1 --help' to see a full list of available command line
options.
Using config source for schema installation
Using ${prefix}/etc/gconf/schemas/ as install directory for schema files
checking for gcc version... 3.0.0
checking for PR_Init in -lnspr4... no
checking for PL_strcmp in -lplc4... no
checking for PL_NewHashTable in -lplds4... no
checking for xpcom... yes
checking for gdk_superwin_get_type in -lgtksuperwin... no
checking for gtk_moz_embed_get_type in -lgtkembedmoz... no
checking for Mozilla... no
configure: error:
*** Mozilla is required
*** A package for is available here:
*** http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla/.

I know I'm missing something really obvious but I don't know what it could
be. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Arafat Mohamed