[ale] Why poeple buy commercial firewall packages to run on NT

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu May 9 13:04:23 EDT 2002

I'm about to pull my hair out.  I can not figure out whay this is
hapening

eth0 is private network
eth1 is public netwrok.

>From the outside if i telnet firewall 80 I get connection refused.  Even

though my filter below leads me to believe that thos packets should be
going to the private web server. Is there something I have forgot to do?

My /etc/masq file

# Tun on forwarding
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

# turn on MASQ
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE

# Rediret 80 to internal box
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i eth1 --dport 80 -j DNAT
--to 192.168.X.X:80