[ale] Starting up PHP

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Thu May 9 08:39:44 EDT 2002

Hi.

Not sure if Red Hat comes with PHP preinstalled (I think it does), but
your best bet would be to rebuild the newest version of PHP from their
website. (I don't think 4.1.2 was available when Red Hat 7.2 came out, and
it fixes some security issues.)

http://www.php.net/

Whenever I update either Apache or PHP on my website, I usually just go
ahead and kick up the other one to the newest version as well. In any
case, if you have PHP installed, then the .so lines in the conf should be
uncommented. (Though on my box, it's libexec/libphp4.so. I have no idea
how this is added to the conf under RPM/Red Hat, so it might be different.
I'm using Slackware.)

--
Christopher R. Curzio
http://www.accipiter.org