[ale] More on spam

Amarendra Godbole (Intl Vendor) v-amarg at microsoft.com
Wed May 8 00:12:37 EDT 2002

> and to every agent
> they have in the area. Never mind that some of them aren't
> responsible. Make

[...snipped...]

Okay, as an individual who received spam, we can help fight the
spammers. Check out the http://www.spamcop.net/ spam reporting service
(which is free). Also, http://www.cauce.org/ has pretty exhaustive
information and links to other spam fighting sites.

It is necessary to stop of spam. It not only wastes my bandwidth, but
also has a potential to make me overlook important mails that are
bundled with the spam I receive.

To begin with, don't do random signups at any sites that you don't know
off. It works in a simple way, your email address is sold out. Be very
sure at which site are you signing up. If possible, use some scrap email
address while signing up (just in case it is sold). Spam can be avoided
by being more aware. :) That's to it.

Warm regards,
--amar

--
Amarendra A. Godbole / Microsoft ``Services For UNIX'' / These opinions
are _MINE_.