[ale] Dell and Linux

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 10:33:37 EDT 2002

many years ago i'd bought a couple of used dells from
a computer surplus store.  i can't recall the exact
problem but it was related to everything being
integrated into the mother board.  video card i think.

anyway, i emailed Dell and explained that not only was
i trying to install linux but that it was a used
machine(second hand).  they treated me like a new
customer, they had people that knew linux and helped
me get thru my install.

i've heard war stories at both good and bad extremes
with dell.
i was impressed myself.

--- Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net> wrote:
> I keep hearing all this waffling on Dell's part as
> far as Linux support.
>    I just happened to scoot by their site.  Selected
> support->downloads.
>    There's a dropdown where you select your OS.
> Linux being the first in
> the list.... ???

> I didn't have to buy my radio from a specific
> company to listen
> to FM, why doesn't that apply to the Internet
> (anymore...)?
>

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux