[ale] Replacing Fan in Power Supply?

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Mon May 6 09:38:38 EDT 2002

Yeh, I had the fan go bad on my router's power supply early this year.
Sounded like a sick cow. After I got past the "CAUTION NO USER
SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE" stickers all over the supply, I found that
replacing the fan was relatively straightforward.

I was prepared to break out the soldering iron, but the PS had a power
jack and I easily found a new (quiet) fan with matching plug in a busted
power supply from the Magic Pile o' Spares. Ironically when I first
tried replacing the entire power supply the machine would not boot. Huh.

-- CHS