[ale] Kernel panic: No init found?????

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sat May 4 01:34:59 EDT 2002

Jim Seymour wrote:

> Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> >
> > Almost sounds like bad hard drive...
> > Can you verify the drives integrity,physically?
> > Do you get any other errors?
> >
> Hard drive integrity seems okay.  This is a multi os system running OS/2
> v4 with boot manager to boot winblows and linux as well.  The other 2
> operating systems are operating fine.  Since I have lost my emergency
> diskette is there a way to create them from the cd?  If I can recover a
> couple of files I'll just reformat and upgrade to RH 7.2.

There ought to be bootdisk images on the CD. Also,
you may be able to boot directly from the CD, login,
and fix your HD filesystem that way.

It certainly seems that if Warp and Blowz can boot,
the HD as a whole is probably OK. However, it does
seem that your Linux partition is hosed in some way.
Once you get Linux booted, run e2fsck on the Linux
root partition and see what happens.

Cheers,

-- Joe
    Any OS distinguishable from Windows is not sufficiently broken.