[ale] Image creation

Michael D. Hirsch mdhirsch at mail.com
Sat May 4 00:20:37 EDT 2002

Christopher R. Curzio writes:
 > If you're looking for something to create images from shapes and text, I
 > would suggest a vector-based software package. OpenOffice ships with one,
 > or you could try out the software formerly known as KIllustrator. (Not
 > sure what it's called now.)

Isn't that krayon, now?

 > I'd disagree with you in saying that GIMP is weak in image creation. I use
 > it pretty regularly.

Yeah, but you have to know how to do it.  Since I don't know how I'd
rather use xpaint :(

Other vector graphics programs: I've had good experiences with sketch.
Old unix hackers will encourage you to use xfig, I recommend tgif
instead.  Xfig has got to have the worst interface ever.  tgif's is
almost as bad, but it is much more powerful.

--Michael