[ale] Virtual Servers

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 2 13:05:43 EDT 2002

Kevin O'Neill Stoll wrote:
> I found out that they are using Netscape-Enterprise/3.6 sp1 and I am
> reading through some of documentation atm. Unfortunately, I have not had
> any experience with NE3.6 but I would assume that the same principles
> apply that a virtual server should be configured with a document root.
>
> I just need to find out enough now to show the webserver admin here what I
> think he might be able to do.

It's been a while for me so keep that in mind.  On my last assignment we
were running Netscape Enterprise, don't recall the version number.
Anyway, it has two options for virtual servers, what they refer to as
hardware virtual servers and software virtual servers.  At the time, I
found quite a bit of info on the Netscape website regarding this
functionality.

The bottom line is, unless Enterprise has changed since I used it, you
definitely can do what you outlined you want to do in previous emails,
since we did the exact same thing.

I know that's not much help, but the grey matter goes after you past 45...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net