[ale] benchmarking imap and squirrelmail

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu May 2 05:41:14 EDT 2002

David,

Not yet.  I just finished installing late last night and didn't give it a
try until this morning from work and I don't have any access from here.
It's very very slow...loading up the preferences page in squirrel mail takes
about 2-4 minutes.

I was surprised at the slowness as well.  It's possible that there may be
other processes soaking up memory because I just installed debian potato
fresh yesterday and it's still got default processes going.

I'm running Apache/2.0.35 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.35 OpenSSL/0.9.6c DAV/2
PHP/4.2.0.  I'm betting the fact that I'm using apache SSL is slowing it
down quite a bit.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
John