[ale] [OT] info on x10 browser popups

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Mar 30 23:04:36 EST 2002

Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> You'd want to block the request for the page, and make sure the rule
> comes early so some other rule doesn't accept before it reaches this
> one:
>
> iptables -I OUTPUT 1 -d 63.211.210.22 -j DROP

I think the main problem here is that I'm sure x10 has more then one
server out there, hence you'll need to identify all their ip's in order
to block all the servers.  I don't think this is going to be an easy task.

i=1
while [ $i -le 254 ]; do
	dig -x 63.211.210.${i}
done

Then of course, they're bound to have other subnets as well.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net