[ale] VNC and Mandrake 8.2

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Mar 30 07:51:46 EST 2002

Keith Hopkins wrote:
> Jeb Barger wrote:

>> I am a real n00b, I just installed Mandrake 8.2 with the KDE desktop.
>>  Anyway, how do I configure VNC to start automatically on boot up?
>> Thanks,
>>

>> Jeb W Barger
>

>   Look in /etc/rc.d/init.d (valid place in RH7.2, might be a little diff
> in mdrk)

It's the same.  Mandrake also provides a file /etc/rc.d/rc.local that is
executed after all the other rc files are processed.  This file is
explicitly defined for your initialization use.  Understand it only does
startup stuff, it doesn't do the full start/stop/restart that the
scripts do in /etc/rc.d/init.d.  But, in this case it would probably be
sufficient, unless you just want to insure that vnc is started/stopped
when the network is up/down respectively.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net