[ale] looking for cable modem

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Fri Mar 29 11:39:49 EST 2002

Zyman, Andy wrote:

>Hello,
>I'm looking for nice cable modem. I don't think that buying one "as is" for
>$40 from Cablevision and sitting with them one 1 year agreement is a good
>deal, so I'm on the market.
>Folks, if u have any recommendations/suggestions - would be happy to hear.
>also I'm looking to wireless ones. Do You have opinions about them?
>
>Thank You
> Andy

I'm using the 3com OfficeConnect (NOT the "sharkfin") - bought at
MicroCenter with a rebate.  MAKE SURE YOU LOOK FOR REBATE COUPONS AT THE
STORE!

I had heard that the Toshiba CMs were better but alas could find no
rebate.  I would have preferred to have one with an internal httpd, but
this 3com of mine doesn't.  I was trying to get off cheap.

- Jeff