[ale] Please Help

Tyler Kiley tyler at kianta.com
Thu Mar 28 16:53:26 EST 2002

Actually, I'm pretty sure php chmod() doesn't (didn't?) set suid or sticky
bits.  But that's kinda getting sidetracked.....

I'd guess Ken's problem is in the c program:

int main(void)
{
    system("/usr/local/sbin/changewriter.pl");
}

according to the 'system' manpage in rh 7.2, bash drops suid priveliges when
it is run.  Now... I'm still fairly new to linux, so correct me if I'm wrong,
 but wouldn't that mean that the setuid bit on the c program is essentially
useless?

Tyler

Jim Philips: