[ale] Please Help

Tyler Kiley tyler at kianta.com
Thu Mar 28 15:36:50 EST 2002

if php is compiled as an apache module, you're outta luck afaik..... there's
nothing to chmod +s, and suexec doesn't work on mod_php (? never tried
myself, but that's what I've heard).

if you've compiled it as a standalone executable, you can always chmod +s
/usr/local/bin/php, but then all your scripts run as that uid, which is
typically not good. (anyone know if apache will even accept an interpreter
that has the +s bit?)

Suexec with standalone php is probably the best option.  That will allow you
to designate a certain directory or virtualhost as setuid, while leaving all
other php scripts alone.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/suexec.html
http://www.php.net/manual/en/security.cgi-bin.php

Tyler