[ale] 'xinetd' question

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Wed Mar 27 09:34:19 EST 2002

ALErs -

I'm trying to narrow the scope of my remote-CVS question yesterday,
starting with network services. My '/etc/services' looks OK; at least it
includes 'cvspserver', 'cvsup' and 'cvsdown' at reasonable port numbers.

CVS docs say, add the following line to 'inetd.conf':

"2401 stream tcp nowait root <binpath>/cvs cvs -f --allow-root=<cvsroot>
 pserver"

What is the equivalent 'xinetd' usage in RH-7.2? I don't understand it
from 'man xinetd', at least not yet.

Thanks.

 - John Mills