[ale] WAY WAY WAY OT: anybody recommend a good anime?

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Tue Mar 26 23:26:07 EST 2002

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Joseph A Knapka wrote:
> > Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind.
> Hmm. The title alone makes me a bit queasy.

It doesn't matter, because the title isn't available in any reasonable form
in the US market.

> >  Grave of the Fireflies is another great one of his, it is very sad
> > but not gory or anything.

That is made by Studio Ghibli, but not by Miyazaki.

Really, the best thing to do is to go to a specialized anime rental store, ask
them what's good (from the non-adult section), and rent it.  If you really
want recommendations I'd say Cowboy Bebop or Slayers.